Breakfast Quesadilla; bacon, mushrooms and melted cheese sandwiched with two crispy tortillas. A perfect way to start the day!
I LOVE breakfast… favourite meal of the day hands down. Really, I am a cheap date… 5 star restaurant or a café breakfast? I’ll choose the breakfast every time. EVERY. TIME…
It is not just the smell of crispy, frying bacon (is there anything better?!) mushrooms or melted cheese… it is the complete relaxation and the idea that you don’t have to do anything for the rest of the day… except drink coffee (and read blogs… and bake cookies…)
After bacon, chocolate and coffee.. I love bread. Warm bread with butter, fruit toast, garlic bread.. crispy tortillas… Y.U.M.
I’m not sure what lead to the creation of these little pockets of awesomeness.. whether it was the brilliant idea to do the shopping after the gym on an empty stomach, the smell of bacon coming from the café or the fact that I had to refrain myself from jumping on a lady’s plate of melted cheese and ham that she pulled apart… just in time for me to see the cheese stretch from one side to the other……drool.
To make this, I simply chopped up the filling and grated the cheese while it was cooking… once I assembled the quesadilla I put it back in the bacon pan to cook, crisp and melt … that way I got the bacon-ney goodness on the outside too (yeah, that is totally a word!)
So, fill in the gap for me…. Bacon + _________ = heaven! What’s yours?? Tell me in the comments and don’t forget to come Pin with me on Pinterest!
- 150 grams mushrooms- sliced (just over a cup)
- 150 grams bacon- diced
- 2 large shallots/scallion (white and light green section only)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tasty cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 4 tortillas
- oil to cook (if needed, depends on pan)
- Sprinkle of chilli- optional
- Place bacon and mushrooms in a non stick fry pan and cook on a medium heat until cooked.
- Add the sliced shallots/scallion onions and mix through (add the optional chilli here)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take one tortilla and place some cheese, bacon mixture and then extra cheese, finish with another tortilla.
- Heat the pan used before again and add a little olive oil (if needed) and cook one side of the quesadilla until golden and then flip and cook the other side, ensuring the cheese has melted. Cut in quarters and serve hot.