Chocolate Goji Berry Protein Bliss Balls; sweet, crunchy chocolate flavoured bliss balls. With no refined sugar, they are protein packed and perfect for a snack.
This I exactly what I need… healthy + chocolate. Don’t those two words just sound like music to your ears??
I seriously ♥ chocolate and I am constantly playing in the kitchen to get my kicks and satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt of eating
an entire block too much of the sweet, dark stuff.
How is it that no matter how full you are, there is always room for chocolate?! I am sitting here, my belly sticking out just a little too much from dinner (but it was just so damn good!) and I am thinking of chocolate. Note to self… may need to rethink wearing striped tops, it just makes it worse 😉
With that said and with my legs beginning to feel the after, day later cruel effect of a spin class after many weeks… okay, months of not attending class (I swear it’s timing though… I actually love it, I just need to get the gym and my work to coordinate their hours and meetings a little better *sigh*) I am about to forage through the freezer to find one of these sweet little morsels to nibble on.
See, in a moment of genius, I stuffed a few away before I ate them all for moments like these. And every other moment I feel like a snack 😉 these are perfect for post gym, quick brekkie bites and chocolate cravings.
OMG – while I wrote this post.. I continued to snack. Anyone know where I can find my will power?? Oh and more importantly, anyone know any tips for making a little extra room in the tummy to fit dessert, I’d jump up and down… but I don’t think that’d work out so well 😛
- 4 medool dates
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 6 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 4 tablespoons choc protein powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons cacao nibs
- OPTIONAL: 2-3 tablespoons of melted dark chocolate
- Place all ingredients (except water) in a blender and pulse until the ingredients break up.
- Add the water and pulse until it forms a wet, sticky mix. If needed, add more water gradually until a sticky consistency.
- Take teaspoons of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Optional: If desired, melt some dark chocolate and dip half of the ball in the melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.