Chocolate Strawberry Nice Cream Cups; Crisp chocolate that cracks as you bite the base, topped with creamy, strawberry ‘ice cream’. It’s the perfect guilt free dessert or sweet snack.
I am not going to lie… it sucked. I get that might make me sound ‘bad’, that I don’t like what I do… but that isn’t the true. The truth is, I love my pyjamas… sleep ins… chocolate for breakfast (hey, don’t judge me… it is totally acceptable on holidays)
Monday morning hurt. It was like someone ripped me from my warm bed, chucked me in a cold shower and sent me to work hungry. That someone was me… I forgot Monday was happening and set no alarm, just to make it all a little harder on myself!
So… how did I survive? Food… just like any good Hungarian girl, I based my day around food. Coffee, something good for lunch (organised by work- bonus!), coffee, more coffee and a little after school snack to
mourn celebrate my return to work 😉
I made a big batch of these on the weekend and stored them (securely, down the bottom) of the freezer… they are the perfect little sweet treat for an energy hit or… treat just to celebrate the end of the day 😉 They are super easy to make and quick too!
Tell me, bad day? What do you reach for to make your day just that little bit sweeter? Wanna make my week even better? Like Treat Yourself Sweeter on Facebook 🙂
- 250 grams fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ⅔ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup chocolate- chopped
- 1 large teaspoon coconut oil
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, bananas and yoghurt- blitz until smooth to your liking.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in bursts in the microwave or on a double boiler.
- Place half a teaspoon of chocolate in non stick mini muffin holes (mine is silicone which makes it easier to get the finished cups out, if not non stick or silicone- you may want to line the mini muffin holes with plastic wrap) and place in the fridge until almost set- but not hard.
- Spoon the strawberry banana mixture on top of the chocolate and then place in the freezer until set.