Guilt Free Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookies for One; Fluffy, sweet cookies with a subtle hint of peanut butter and dark chocolate chips and served with peanut butter and honey
I have always said that I wasn’t a cookie kind of girl.. what I REALLY meant was that I am not a packet cookie kind of girl. I am also a warm cookie kinda girl… I can’t resist them straight from the oven- they are almost as good as the raw dough 😉 And chocolate and peanut butter, to me = perfect.
So… warm cookies + chocolate + peanut butter = fat pants because I would eat the whole lot. Well, not anymore! Life is so busy that I needed an after work (or dinner) quick fix that was the perfect little snack. Why is life so busy? Well I am back at work and…
The house hunt continues- ERGH! (You can read about my house hunt here ) We braved the rain, cold, wind… almost snow type of weather (maybe I am exaggerating…but I swear I couldn’t feel my feet) to go have a look at another property.
Ever get the feeling that the powers at be are giving you a sign?!
Pro is that it wasn’t on a main road… con, only one car can fit on the road. So when we went to have a look, there was no where to park so we parked, what we thought was just around the corner and walked (enter the frozen feet)… still no big deal.
The house was mid renovation and the front yard= disaster. Ok, maybe I am over reacting, but in all seriousness… it was a little dangerous. I made K go first so if anything was going to collapse… he would find it first. Joking! (Maybe?! 😉 ) Realistically though, if anyone is ever going to fall… it’ll be me or my Mum. And since Mum wasn’t there…
After the walk back in the rain, we discovered…the car battery died (someone may have turned the lights off auto and forgot to turn the headlights off….). Did I mention… one way road…?! Not much passing traffic.
Road side assist a good option?! Well, mine had JUST run out and it was one of those ‘I’ll renew tomorrow…’ things (still haven’t) and they make you wait 24 hrs after renewing if it is after the renew date. What you think, a sign?!
I feel like the right place should sing.. buy me! I don’t know, does that even happen? What I do know is that these cookies are quick, have no butter or white sugar and are the perfect thing to munch on… like, right now…
So, tell me… help me…
Did you ‘just know’ it was the right house when you bought your place? And how good are warm cookies?! 🙂
I’d love to hear from you, leave me a comment.
- ½ small- medium apple - grated
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (you may need more/less depending on how juicy the apple is)
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon choc chips or cacao nibs
- Extra honey and peanut butter to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- In a small bowl place the apple, peanut butter, honey and mix well.
- Add the flour and chocolate/cacao nibs and mix to form a dough (if needed, add a little extra flour- it will depend on how juicy your apple is)
- Divide the dough in two and roll into two balls. Place on a lined tray and gently push down to flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Place peanut butter on one cookie and drizzle with honey and then sandwich the other cookie on top.