Guilt Free Raspberry Chocolate Brownies; Soft, rich chocolate brownies with sweet pops of raspberry. Made with avocados and banana, there is nothing to feel guilty about here!
I HATE waiting for anything, I am totally impatient… but this… this is heaven.
Anyone else an impulse shopper? You know, the intention is just to window shop, have lunch, chat … and you end up walking out purchasing a whole new luxury lounge suit…
Yep, that is me. Im-pulse… jumper in-ner… just-give-it-to-me-now… no will power, AKA- Kirsten.
My mum is dangerous to go shopping with, she encourages and supports most of my rash decisions ‘well you did say you wanted a new lounge suit’. Yeah, I did… once… in passing… ages ago. That totally justifies the splurge…right??
So, it is all great when you buy it… but the ‘7-9 week’ wait sucked, but today.. today it was sooo worth it. Forget the fact that it almost didn’t fit in the house… the delivery truck took out the tree in the front of the house and then I felt sorry for him, so told him not to worry about unpacking or taking the rubbish…
The piles (and I mean more like a mountain) of cardboard and plastic filled the lounge, but when I took that first sweet sit down, I remembered the instant relaxation power these chairs seem to have.
So.. you know what? I haven’t moved since… except to get coffee and some of these brownies I made. Because they are healthified, I feel I am totally justified in sitting around all day and eating… and even if I did want to move, these chairs have taken me under their spell… and I have no choice but to stay.
These lovely brownies were created after having a few (forgotten) avocados in the fridge that either needed to be used or make their way to vegetable heaven … mix in some fresh farm raspberries from my trip home and tah-dah! Chocolate + raspberry = perfect EVERY TIME! (check this Nutella and Raspberry Crumble Cake out for complete perfection)
So since I won’t be moving for a while… come be friends with me on Facebook… I feel like I’ll be here for awhile 😉 unless I run out of brownies!
- 1 cup of ripe, soft avocado flesh (approximately 2 avocados)
- 1 large ripe banana (a cup or just over, chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder (will not be as sweet if using raw cacao and will be more bitter) - sifted
- ½ cup low fat milk/milk of choice
- ½ cup raspberries (optional extra for on top)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the chocolate and then combine in a blender with the avocado, banana, eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Sift in the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the milk. Fold the mixture until it is combined. Stir through the raspberries gently.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and put the batter in. Scatter with raspberries if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes - the top should be set and a knife should come out mostly clean when stuck into the brownies. Take from the oven, cool for 10 minutes and then cool in the fridge (if possible- doesn't have to be) these will be soft, so wait until cool before taking out of the tin.
- Slice and store in an airtight container.