Anyone else having a bad day?!
Maybe that is an over reaction, it is not a bad day- a bad day is when nothing is working or lets be honest, something big and horrible happens… I don’t really have anything to complain about. I just feel…
Lately, I have been whinging (to myself) about my blog… I love it here (one of my favourite places to be) but I did have much higher expectations on myself. I look at other blogs in awe… their followers, the way they write. A-mazing! I want to be one of those.
So, in those cases on those days, there is one thing that is called for – comfort food and although chocolate and I are best friends, sometimes the healthier option makes you feel a little better after the indulge. With sweet, soft apples in the middle and a crunchy coconut crust… definitely a quick pick me up!
What do you reach for on the ‘Meh kinda days’?
I’d love to hear from you, leave me a comment!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut (I use half flakes and half desiccated)
- ¼ cup quick oats
- Sprinkle of cinnamon *optional
- 2 medium-large apples
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Place the egg, milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract in a medium bowl- beat together with a fork until well combined.
- Add the flour and chia seeds and mix well. If you can wait (you don't have to) leave the mix in the fridge for half an hour- the chia seeds will soften up and the mix will be thicker.
- Slice the apples across the middle to make circles. The thickness is up to you, but I usually go for 3-4mm.
- Mix the coconut, oats and cinnamon together and put in a wide bowl or small plate.
- Coat the apple in the wet mix and then coat in the coconut mix.
- Preheat a frypan on a low-medium heat and add some coconut oil. When it is hot, cook the apples in batches (approximately 2-3 minutes each side- however you can cook them longer in a lower heat to have softer apples)
- Serve with ice cream, maple syrup, honey or just by themselves!