Honeyed Almond Butter; crunchy, salted roasted almond spread with a sweet hint of honey. Perfectly delicious!
So, ahh…. anyone else obsessed with peanut butter?? And.. anyone eat too much over the Christmas break? Me and ME!
Well.. PB needs to move on over because I have something (dare I say it..) better! Okay, okay- I can’t do that to my beloved peanut butter- so I’ll say equally as good. Better than store bought but equally as delicious, moreish and addictive as homemade roasted peanut butter… but with a sweet, honey twist.
I’m such a breakfast girl… even at 6pm at night and if you love breakfast too, this Honeyed Almond Spread is seriously dangerous. Just gimme a spoon… a really, really big spoon.
There is one down fall with this recipe- you do need to use the blender. I swear that every time I even get the thing out of the cupboard my partner AND the cat give me this look of ‘are you serious?’ followed by eye rolling, tv turning up and a ‘how long will it be?’ Does anyone else have that problem?? Or is it just me?? Honestly, when something tastes this good… I don’t care anyway! :p
This is such a quick recipe to whip up- not only to make getting out of bed worthwhile, but last minute foodie gifts and it’s also great on crackers and fabulous on a cheese platter (I also love it with some ice cream and I have been known to spread it straight on some dark chocolate!)
Are you a nut butter lover too?? What are your favourite combos?
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- ¼-1/3 cup mild almond oil (amount depending on consistency desired. For a milder almond taste, use another oil with a mild taste like grapeseed. If you can get your hands on argan oil, it's fab... I got it once but haven't found it since)
- 1 large tablespoon honey (can add extra for taste)
- 1 large pinch of salt (I use about ¼ teaspoon - but add more or less for taste)
- Place the almonds in a blender/food processor and pulse until they are finally chopped (resembling cookie crumbs)
- Add all the other ingredients and blitz until well mixed and the desired consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.