Overnight Mocha Oats; creamy, chocolate and coffee oats that take only minutes to make and taste like a healthy dessert for breakfast!
I have a REALLY important question for you…
Are you a morning person?
I am… every day of the week, but Mondays 😉
It’s that first sound that hurts.. the one that breaks you from your sweet slumber and not only reminds you that you have to get up… but also, you have another 4 days of this before your next sleep in. Ergh…
Once I am up, it is all good. My mornings are generally pretty relaxed… partly because I am an organisational freak and mostly because I don’t have kids that I need to get ready 😉
Overnight breakfasts are the bomb… they mean relaxed mornings, longer sleep in… and even an extra coffee some mornings! Especially important on Mondays 😉
These oats came from a mesh of my everyday oat recipe and the Sunday night thought of Monday looming just over the horizon. A morning coffee was just not going to cut it and I needed caffeine … lots of it. They are super quick, just 5 minutes the night before and you are done! They are creamy, sweet and it is like having a (healthy) dessert for breakfast. Want one way to brighten your day? Add chocolate… and guilt free chocolate is even better!
If you don’t like coffee, you can leave it out and add a little extra mix or water instead. You don’t HAVE to wait overnight to eat these, you could eat them straight away but waiting a few hours will allow them to thicken up.
Tell me, do you have a favourite overnight oat combo? I’d love to hear from you!
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 large/heaped tablespoon of chocolate protein powder
- ⅓ cup warm coffee
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large tablespoon low fat Greek yoghurt
- sugar/stevia to taste if wanted
- In a small bowl, add the oats and protein powder and stir to mix.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix well. Cover and then place in the fridge overnight.
- Taste and if needed add sugar or stevia. Sweetness will depend on your protein powder.
- I serve mine with yoghurt, cacao nibs, coconut and fruit.
- NOTE: You can leave this for a few hours instead of overnight.