Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Slice; crunchy cookie base, creamy salted caramel and peanut butter center and finished with the crisp crack of milk chocolate
Somethings are meant to be… sometimes the stars align at just the right time and something perfect happens….
Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Slice kinda perfect 🙂
I was doing the supermarket shopping with a very strict list… apples, cucumbers, broccoli etc…A very strict list that I never ever stick to. I ended up with chocolate, condensed milk, peanut butter, chips… Oops 🙂
My Mum is up in Queensland somewhere at the moment (she did tell me, I just can’t remember)- some small town, relaxing and shopping with no phone reception. Anyone in Australia would have heard about the wild weather up north. My Mum, who has just recently learnt that emails and the internet are connected, sends my sister and I text photos of huge rain storms, crazy amounts of water… but tells neither of us if she okay.
So when she called in the supermarket I was eager to catch up and I was happy to find out, she was okay- shopping up a storm and the weather was sunny. She was safe. Now the point of the story is, reception was horrible and I couldn’t hear her so I had to duck into a corner of the supermarket to try and get every second word. Meant to be I think… because that is when I saw Arnott’s Salted Caramel Monte Carlo biscuits….
Adding peanut butter to the mix just sounded like a good idea… because, well… I am addicted to the stuff.
So with mother’s day coming up in a week…. treat her to this. It is crunchy, creamy, salty and sweet all at once… add the crisp crack of the chocolate as you bite in and well…. need I say more??
If you can’t find these biscuits, simply use sweet biscuits that you would normally use for a cookie crust and a little extra salt… but if you can get your hands on these… I HIGHLY recommended you make the effort to get them. This is divine!
P.S- How cute is this little face watching the photo shoot….
I’d love to hear from you, leave me a comment!
- 250 grams Arnott's Salted Caramel Monte Carlo biscuits
- 90 grams butter
- 1 tin condensed milk
- ½ cup (120 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 45 grams butter
- Good pinch of salt - more (1/2 -1 teaspoon) if you do not have the salted caramel biscuit base
- CHOCOLATE TOP
- 2 cups (300 grams) milk chocolate
- 50 grams copha
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Finely crush the biscuits and melt the butter. Combine the two and mix well. Line the base of a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuit base in the tin and then firmly push them down with the back of a spoon or finger tips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Take out and cool.
- Place all of the caramel ingredients in a heavy based pot over a low heat on the stove top.
- Stir until all the ingredients are melted and the caramel is a smooth consistency.
- Continue to stir for another 5 minutes (should be about 10 minutes in total)
- Cool for 5 minutes and then pour over the base and spread to ensure it is an even consistency.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set. Set aside to cool completely.
- CHOCOLATE TOP
- Melt the chocolate and copha together. Pour onto the cooled caramel layer and then place in the fridge until set. Cut into squares.