Summer Berry Toasted Muesli; sweet, crunchy granola that tastes a little like cookies to brighten your morning! It also makes an great gift!
At the moment I feel like a little mouse on the wheel… running but not getting anywhere (if only… I swear I couldn’t rest my laptop on my belly like 3 weeks ago… eeek!) life has been crazy and as much as I have wanted to be here and post all sorts of deliciousness, time seems to slip through my fingertips.
It’s been two weeks since I last posted (an awesome collection of soups) and in all honesty… last week just flew by. Packing, cleaning, sanding, packing, packing… shopping 😉 packing…
If anyone out there is thinking of buying a new house, renovating it (2 days after you get the keys), working full time AND packing up the old house… start creating a sort of ‘sleep bank account’ now…oh and a real money one too… I thought I knew what I’d be spending. I had a budget… which in true teacher style was ruled up, i’s dotted, t’s crossed…
That is that all the pretty stuff was organised…. who knew that nails, glue, pipes… blah blah blah could add up so much! I SO can’t wait for my new kitchen to be finished 🙂 YAY!
This recipe I originally made for Old House to New Home – while I was wishing for a little sun on a gloomy winter day. It is sweet, crunchy and tastes like cookies. Cookies for breakfast? Ah, yes please…
Store in an airtight container, but once you try it… you’ll be grabbing handfuls and it’ll be empty before you know it! This makes a delicious breakfast treat and an excellent homemade foodie gift for someone special.
Have you got any packing or moving tips for me? I’d love to hear them!
- 3 large tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ large tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dried summer fruits, such as blueberries, raspberries, cranberries etc
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut (any type)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Melt butter, coconut oil, honey and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and it starts to simmer.
- Mix in oats, cinnamon and vanilla and bake for 10 minutes until it begins to slightly turn golden
- Add the almonds, mix and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add the fruit, mix and bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, mix and bake for 5 minutes
- Leave it to cool and then store in an airtight container.