Toasted Marshmallow Caramel Nutella Pizza; soft, doughy base with melted Nutella, sweet slices of banana, sticky toasted marshmallows and topped with decadent caramel sauce.
Hehe, try saying that title 3 times quickly… if you can, I think you deserve an extra slice 😉
I tell you who does deserve an extra slice… me… yep, just when you think life doesn’t get any busier. Whoa. The powers that be say ‘we’ll show you’…
And that they have. I definitely deserve this Friday night and that glass of wine that I have been day dreaming about.
So this is actually a re post… I originally wrote this recipe for Lemon Thistle a few months ago. The plan was always to share it with you all here, because well… have you seen the pictures?? You NEED this recipe… not only is it a ridiculously decadent treat, it is also ridiculously easy… and quick!
This was the perfect week to share it because it is Father’s day here this weekend in Australia and what better way than to celebrate with food? Also, like I said… I have been short of time. Just a little!
If I am being completely honest… my plan for this week’s post was different. I HAD made a slice with my Dad’s favourite ingredients and planned to share it, but the perfectionist in me wouldn’t let it onto TYS… it just didn’t look as… perfect as I wanted. So, my regular work guinea pigs got to polish it off and (if I do say so myself) it was damn delicious and I lost count of how many people asked ‘is it on TYS?’… so sorry to tease, it isn’t. BUT! My plan is to make it even better and share soon… so until then…
Nutella + banana + toasted marshmallows + caramel sauce… just sayin’ that is pretty close to = perfection!
Speaking of another type of perfection… I am heading off for a tea and some chocolate…
What is your idea of late night perfection? You a tea or a wine type of person? I’d love to hear from you, leave me a comment below!
- ◦1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- ◦1 cup sifted self raising flour + extra for kneading
- ◦Pinch of salt
- ◦1 teaspoon brown sugar
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- ◦50 grams butter
- ◦1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ◦1/2 cup cream
- ◦2-3 tablespoons of Nutella (depends how thick you want it)
- ◦1 Banana – sliced
- ◦3/4 cup Marshmallows – all torn up
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place all of the base ingredients in a bowl and mix to form a dough, you may need more flour depending on your yoghurt.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead until it come together. Roll it out until it is ¼ -1/2 cm thick. You can leave it as one large base of cut into smaller bases (I used a large drinking cup).
- Place the base in the oven for 6 mins and then take it out and turn the oven to 240 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and brown sugar in a heavy based pot over a low heat. Stir until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Stir until it thickens slightly and begins to bubble, add the cream (careful, it may spit), remove from the heat and stir until it is a smooth sauce.
- Place the Nutella on the base, followed by the broken up marshmallows.
- Place the bases back in the oven for 4 mins, or until the marshmallows melt. Be careful, this will happen quickly and you don’t want them to burn.
- Take them out and place sliced banana on top, followed by a drizzle of the caramel sauce.