Toasted Marshmallow Slice; crunchy biscuit base, thin layer of jam and topped with toasted marshmallows
So much to do, so much time and so little motivation 😉 Is it wrong that I just want to eat marshmallow slice, drink coffee and stay in my corner on the couch with a blanket?
Yesterday I wrote a big list of all the things that need to be done around here to motivate, well… me (and I might of had another coffee while I wrote the list instead of cleaning the bathroom!) I started… put in a few good hours but then quit on the account of being attacked by ants that looked like a cross between a scorpion and an alien.
After it started to get bigger and it felt like Satan’s lare… I decided to Google the little monster and found out that it is one of the most poisonous ants in the world… and I was on my way to a severe reaction. I am suddenly not as upset anymore about accidently squishing a few of his friends..
After a trip to the docs, and an option between resting or the hospital… I decided that I should probably just chill out and eat sugar loaded, delicious things today.. At least until dinner time… I can risk a little bit of poison spreading for pizza night!
I tried and failed at this recipe a few times before I got it right… too much biscuits, not enough marshmallow…. but I am no quitter and I just had to bake and test until I got it- tough life eh? :p The idea originally came from needing to use up biscuits in the cupboard and REALLY wanting toasted marshmallows and then having a hankering for a good ol’ Wagon Wheel. I remembered a slice from a school fete that had been like this and ta-dah… inspiration and afternoon sugar overload.
So I’m stuck on the couch for a few days… gimme your tips: what can I eat and do to keep me from going crazy from booooredom!
- 1 cup self raising flour –sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed cookie crumbs (ones that you would use for cheesecake base)
- 180 grams of butter – melted
- 3 tablespoons of raspberry or strawberry jam
- 4 cups marshmallows
- ¼ cup of milk chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, coconut, brown sugar and crushed cookies in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix until all the dry ingredients are wet.
- Line a baking tin (7 x 11 inch) with baking paper and then pour in the cookie mixture. Press into the tin firmly and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Take it from the oven and while it is still warm, spread an even layer of the jelly/jam and then arrange the marshmallows over the surface so they fit closely together. Bake for another 10-12 minutes until the marshmallows have melted, spread and toasted on top.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing with a knife into squares (a hot knife will make this easier) store in an airtight container.